Every child gets one chance at their school education. To make the most of the broad and balanced secondary school curriculum each student must engage in home learning time so that they are imbued with the knowledge and understanding to put quality first teaching into context and make progress in each subject area. The education that our students receive begins in the class room that stimulates further engagement and independent learning activity beyond this environment. Students own their education and must extend their learning to take the maximum benefit from the resources available to them at school.
Home learning tasks enable students to:
● Speed up their progress.
● Develop independent learning skills.
● Take ownership of their learning.
● Discover their learning passion.
● Collaborate with other students and share their learning with members of their family.
● Develop research skills and new areas of interest within and beyond the curriculum.
● Consolidate and extend learning covered in class or prepare for new learning activities.
● Enhance study skills e.g. planning, time management and self-discipline.
● Create channels for home school dialogue.
Whole School Expectations
Each department will set home learning tasks which meet the minimum home learning time with every task being set on Show My Homework.