La Mare De Carteret High School raises aspiration and achievement for all.
We prepare our students for a rapidly changing world by ensuring they are successful learners: confident individuals; responsible citizens and effective contributors.
La Mare students are resilient, self-reliant individuals who succeed today and are ready for tomorrow.
This will be characterised by:
• High standards, outstanding attainment and rapid progress
• Successful learners and high quality teaching
• Positive parent partnership
• An inclusive pastoral system that encourages high aspirations, ensures students are safe and develops confident individuals
• Students who attend are happy and effectively contribute to an engaging and vibrant personalised curriculum
• A professional learning culture where staff seek continuous improvement and share best practice
• Responsible citizens who actively contribute to our community and the wider world
It is vitally important that all learners attend school every day so that they can become effective contributors to our school. We know that the relationship between attendance and achievement is clear and that students should all aim to hold 100% attendance to give themselves the best chance of success. Another important feature of attendance in Year 10 is that students attend revision classes regularly to maximise their potential and consolidate learning. Therefore, if students want to achieve well then they must attend well.
We believe that it is just as important to develop responsible citizens as it is to invest time in gaining children qualifications. Students in all year groups are expected to show care, compassion and respect. These features become more important in the upper school as our young people become role models for the rest of the school. We will endeavour to support all students in Year 10 to become the best people they can be so that they can contribute positively to society and the wider world.
Students come to school with endless potential and our purpose is to ensure that they find their learning passion and develop as confident individuals. For members of the upper school there is a degree of specialisation in the curriculum as students embark upon studying their chosen optional subjects and follow a pathway that they have selected. We expect that every student in Year 10 should achieve their minimum expected grade in every area of the curriculum and we are dedicated to supporting, guiding and mentoring them to achieve this success.
School of Rock 🎟 available on 30th October 2017, £5 per 🎟! Call 749999 to book! 🤘🌟🔥🎯💙🇬🇬👏👌👍💪 @PRCPAperforming @GuernseyArts @GuernseyPress twitter.com/lmdchsca/statu… Retweeted by La Mare High School 1 day ago